Posted by Lois on January 12, 2013
Why not start the school year with a Tagxedo of each student in your class? Add the final image to your class blog as a “getting to know you” activity.
- Introduce the students to the idea of Tagxedo so that they understand what they are working toward. Ideally use a Tagxedo of yourself that will also be part of the class blog.
- Model the writing process where students write a paragraph introducing themselves, their interests, hobbies and favourite things. This paragraph will be useful throughout the year for other things such as the “About” on a personal blog. Explain to the students that the image will look better if the paragraph contains more words rather than less.
- Have a photo of each student ready to use and load it onto the computers or network where the students can access it.
- Open Tagxedo and follow the instructions below (Click on the thumbnails to enlarge them).
- Upload the saved Tagxedo screen capture into the class blog.
- Writing (this could be as simple as a list of sentences and facts or it could be a more elaborate biography)
- Saving and retrieving files and navigating the school network
- Logging into the class blog
- Creating a blog post, and uploading an image.