Posted by Lois on January 13, 2013
Getting To Know You #2
This is a similar “Getting to Know You” activity as my previous post except this time using an ipad and the WordFoto app.
- Introduce the students to the idea of the WordFoto so that they understand what they are working toward. Ideally use a photo of yourself with words that describe you that will also be part of the class blog as an example.
- The students can take their photo on the ipad and crop it to the size that will work best.
- They choose 10 words that describe’s them and add them to the word section.WordFoto only allows 10 words (at least in the free version that I was using).
- Choose a style that they like best – there were 8 styles to choose from. They can also fine tune some of the settings.
- Once finished the Wordfoto image can be saved to the Photo Library or emailed.
- The final step would be to use one of the blogging apps, Edublogs for example to post the image to the class blog.